It is so nice to use. Big prints can be removed just by bending the plate. Well done!
I don’t understand, that someone would build a printer without a removable flexible build plate (thanks Josef :)) today. There is at least one much hyped printer on kickstarter that doesn’t have one…. 🙂 (And influencers may be paid for hyping it?)
Added 3D Touch sensor. To use it for Z-homing, I had to use the predefined Z-min endstop pins and couldn’t use the pins provided by the SKR 1.4 board for BL Touch. I think, there is a bug in the version of Marlin I use.
Added extra stepper driver for each Z-motor. For the Z-axis alignment I use the 3DTouch sensor with Marlin G34.
The SKR 1.4 Turbo board and 4.5 TFT E3.0 display arrived and replaced the Tronxy controller and display. I mounted the controller on the right side of the printer, as I intend to close the build chamber.
With the tmc 2209 drivers I do not need the endstop switches anymore. The inductive probe can be used for probing and Z-endstop (I had to solder a zener diode). It is WIP and there is much left to do. Here is my first benchy with the new controller (1 mm nozzle):
ToDo: Replace filament runout sensor as he is eager to eat my filament and doesn’t like to let it to the extruder. 🙂
ToDo: Replace control board, as it isn’t running nice with ocoprint and the data from the bed leveling doesn’t seem to be taken into account when printing. The board doesn0t use marlin and can not be flushed with it.
In my home automation system I use CO2 sensors from Netatmo and some MH-Z14A based arduino nodes.
I really like, that the Netatmo sensors work for about a year on battery. But they can only be integrated with a cloud api into my home automation. This has led to one interruption of several hours in the past, when the service was down. As I regulate my heating with the measured data of these sensors, this was problematic. 🙂
What I am missing with the battery powered Netatmo sensors, is a led indicating air quality.
To remove the dependency of the cloud api, I decided to build my own sensors. But before I order more MH-Z14A sensors, I want to make an evaluation.
Caution: This article is about the experiences I made in my setup with the sensors I have and with the (maybe buggy) code I wrote. It may be, that you can not reproduce my findings. 🙂
goal: evaluate CO2 sensors for Netatmo replacement
I don’t want to be dependent on cloud
I wan’t a led indicating air quality with every sensor
prototype with every sensor
graphs of measurements made with different sensors
decision for one sensor
buy samples of different sensors
build a prototype with all sensors
make measurements, store them in influxdb and make graphs with grafana
evaluate the measurements
Prototype built with MH-Z14A and CCS811
API Endpoint with node-red configured to store data in influxdb
first dashboard in grafana implemented
other sensors ordered
20190410: The CCS811 seems to reset sometimes (no values for several minutes and then starts with 400ppm). I will add a pull up resistor on the I2C bus.
20180424: CCS811 is quite complex to handle. It has a MCU and you can make firmware updates. The library from adafruit is incomplete, it doesn’t support baseline-functions, which you have to use. I changed to the sparkfun library.
CCS811 didn’t show usable results in mode 3 (measurement every 60s). Now trying mode 1 (every 1s) with a moving average over one minute.