This blog post reflects the fun I have with my Tronxy X5SA Pro as of the time of this writing.
This is the 5th 3D printer after
- XYZ Da Vinci 1.0
- Wanhao Duplicator i3
- Tevo Tarrantula
- Prusa i3 MK3S
I wanted to build a CoreXY printer and didn’t want to wait for the one Prusa announced lately.
Some days before the review on Teaching Tech I ordered the printer on Aliexpress. After this review, I expected to have a lot of fun with it. 🙂
Building this printer was easier than the build of my prusa printer. But I soon recognized I have to change many things:
- Replaced belts with fiber inforced ones. They can be better tensioned.
- Replaced hotend with a E3D V6 as the original one clogged to often and I want to use my V6 nozzles. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4265612
- Repaired path of the cable chain: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3390159
- WIP: Repair belt path:
- straighten it
- replace most of the belt pullies with GT2 22 M5 versions, to reduce rattle
- replace the construction of the front GT2 pullies with a more stable ones
- WIP: Repair z-axis: the two motors get always out of sync. Temporary fix: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4274159
- ToDo: Replace filament runout sensor as he is eager to eat my filament and doesn’t like to let it to the extruder. 🙂
- ToDo: Replace control board, as it isn’t running nice with ocoprint and the data from the bed leveling doesn’t seem to be taken into account when printing. The board doesn0t use marlin and can not be flushed with it.
- Support was not really helpful.
… to be continued